A jadeite bead and diamond necklace was the top-selling piece during the Sotheby’s Important Jewels tender in Hong Kong.
Created by jewellery designer Jacob & Co, the necklace sold for $US2.3 million ($AU3.3 million) on 19 July. The pre-sale estimate for the necklace wasn’t revealed.
Another top seller was a diamond and emerald parure from Chopard, selling for $US1.4 million ($AU2.02 million). The collection consisted of a pair of earrings, bracelet, and bib necklace.
One item which comfortably exceed pre-sale estimates was a 20.09-carat emerald-cut diamond ring that sold for $US609,943. Prior to the auction, the ring was expected to fetch around $US380,000.
The London-based auction garnered a total of $US18.1 million ($AU26.1 million) in sales.
Sotheby’s to auction 555.55-carat “extraterrestrial” black diamond
Legendary 100-carats diamonds highlight Sotheby’s auction
Cartier ring fetches $US7.3 million at auction
Burmese rubies, diamonds steal the show in Hong Kong
17.5-carat diamond expected to fetch €1.5M in Monaco
Diamond renamed ‘Juno’ after fetching nearly $13 million
Another pre-auction estimate exceeded by spectacular diamond
- Priscilla Presley Designed Elvis' Famous TCB Necklace
- Smart Necklace Can Track Blood Sugar Through Sweat
- Group of people ‘blesses’ a passerby, taking her $7,000 necklace – Chicago Tribune
- Hailee Seinfeld’s Groovy Custom Necklace is 50% Off RN
- 99-year-old woman’s medic alert necklace saves her from home invasion attack, officials say