Content creator @octagonglasses revealed that when she worked at a clothing store, there was one unhygienic practice she felt was “gross.” It was something her coworkers did that left her unsettled. While she isn’t sure if it’s a “common practice” or just where she worked, she felt it was important enough for shoppers to know.
Shop all of Chlöe Bailey’s vibrant looks from her In The Know cover shoot:
However, most of the employees didn’t shop at the store or want to buy the clothing. The solution was to grab items from the rack, wear them during the shift, then re-tag them and put them right back up for sale.
People shared their experiences with buying new clothes on TikTok.
“Customer asked for the size I was wearing, I ‘checked’ in the back just to change in a bigger size for me so she could try mine without her knowing,” another added.
“That’s why I wash every item after buying, even jackets and socks, just gives me peace of mind,” a TikToker said.
“Our store also had this, and yes really gross. also the stress of picking something before opening!” a person commented.
“I have never worn something I bought without washing it first. I am surprised that this was not the norm,” someone wrote.
Shop Jordyn Woods’ stunning cover looks from her In The Know cover shoot:
More from In The Know:
- 19 Teen Clothing Stores to Shop Online for the Trendiest Wardrobe
- New kids' clothing store to open at Foothills mall
- Nordstrom Just Launched a Tween Clothing Section on Its Site — Here Are the Best Brands to Shop
- Russians flock to H&M as fashion retailer opens stores to sell inventory
- A 'boozy' boutique: Two breast cancer survivors open new clothing store in Chamberlain - Mitchell Republic